After "losing" and then finding a post I have wondered about building a store of unpublished posts so that I have something to hand when I find myself short of time to write my daily post. Indeed, this post is one such. I am actually writing it immediately after posting the "lost" post. But it occurs to me that I am falling into one, or maybe two, of the bad behaviours listed by Silvia. I am allowing myself to envisage lacking time for writing - I should schedule time and stick to it. Also I may be pretending that I write better when I'm inspired. I certainly feel that I am on a roll at the moment and could write a hundred posts. But that is binge writing and in the long run will not be productive.
I guess what I will do is set aside a given time for my blogging everyday. I must use that time for writing posts. If I manage to write more than one post then that is a bonus. And I think I will save up the spare posts - I do aim to take a few holidays and will, perhaps, not blog seriously during that period. Having a stock of unpublished ready written posts to use will be useful then.The actual publication is not what is important to me, it is just a great side-effect of getting my writing organised. But I must write one post every day. Indeed I worry that writing more than one is another way to avoid my main focus - writing some papers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment